1. Lady Gaga at White Party Palm Springs. Everything about this party was fabulous and will be hard to beat.
2. Gay Days Typhoon Lagoon DJ Lydia Prim. Not sure how this was pulled off the last minute but it happened and was still fun.
3. Club One Reunion Party. A legendary club that had its reunion after years of being in the dark. This was a true Studio 54 meets club kid meets circuit boy meets raver boy moment for Texas.
4. Arabian Nights Closing Party of Gay Days 2009. This was an unforgettable experience put on by the now bankrupt One Mighty Weekend. Fire alarms were going off but the music was intense!
5. Deborah Cox at Parliament House for Gay Days 2009.
6. Erica Jayne performing for Dallas Pride. Hot dancers and cute routine it was another unexpected surprise to a night of sweating and chair moving excitement.
7. Madonna Celebration being played at Heaven Nightclub in London for the first time.
8. Splash Days in Austin closing party with DJ Seth Cooper. Had to have been one of the best dance mixes ever which was so unexpected for a closing party (I always say that don’t I).
9. GAYVN week in Vegas with DJ Irene and Amanda Lepore performing. Krave nightclub hosted a weekend that was much like Hustlaball used to be when it came to Vegas.
10. Winter Party pool party in South Beach Miami. A pool party that just rocked from pec to ab to toe.
TIED – MadonnaRama at Southbeach The Nightclub (was probably my favorite thing the year before with the DJ that was supposed to be there).
There were lots of great events I was fortunate enough to attend including the MTV VMA Awards where Kanye West stole the show. Madonna gave an amazing speech and Lady Gaga took us away with another stunning performance. Madonna’s concert would be at the top of my list because I have seen it more than a few times but I thought I would make a list that included mostly dance/circuit or club parties. If it were a list of everything Madonna Sticky and Sweet would be number one, with Lady Gaga at MTV VMA’s saying this is for God and the Gays as #2. I was also heavily impressed with Jesse McCartney’s voice live. Who would have known that boy could sing not just that he is cute.